Archive for February 14, 2011
In these difficult economic times, many employees are finding themselves with credit card debt that is difficult to manage. The Massachusetts Bankers Association is sensitive to this issue and is pleased to offer confidential budget and debt counseling as a complimentary service for member banks that are enrolled in the MBA Employee Assistance Program provided by AllOne Health Resources.
Professionally trained and certified counselors through American Consumer Credit Counseling will support employees and their family members in developing workable solutions to their financial problems. This comprehensive program includes:
- Budget and Credit counseling at no charge
- Ongoing credit counseling at no charge
- Educational materials, including budgeting worksheets, cost cutting tips, quarterly financial fitness newsletter on debt and money management issues
- Access to an on-line Financial Fitness Center and general information on credit and credit reports
- Referrals and resources
- If applicable, enrollment into a debt management program at no charge (minimum $4.00 maintenance fee per credit account)
Onsite financial education seminars are also available to EAP-covered MBA member organizations at no cost.* Topics include:
- Budgeting Basics
- Understanding Credit Reports
- Teaching Children About Money
- How to manage Your Credit Card Debt
- Saving for Retirement
- To Do List in an Economic Downturn
*For car travel under 3 hours. Travel expenses will be agreed upon if travel exceeds 3 hours.
For additional information about this valuable program through the MBA EAP, please contact Mary McCall, LICSW, at 508-650-6860.
You can click on the link to download the brochure: MBA EAP – Budget and Debt Counseling.